gnormalize decodes the MP3/MP4/MPC/OGG/APE/FLAC file to WAV, then normalizes the WAV to a targeted volume level and re-encodes it. Moreover, gnormalize can extract Audio CD track and output as various popular audio formats (MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE, FLAC, WAV) with fast speed and high quality.
gnormalize can also convert audio format between MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE and FLAC with high fidelity, which meets your need to play and collect audio files. It can change the encoding and Metadata (tag) properties of final normalized files.
Input: Supported files format: MP3, MP4 (M4A or AAC), MPC (MPP or MP+ - Musepack), OGG, APE (Monkey's Audio), FLAC, Audio CD and WAV.
Output: Supported files format: MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE, FLAC and WAV.
* Convert from/to MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE, FLAC and WAV;
* Support for LAME, FAAC, OGGENC, MPPENC, FLAC and MAC encoders;
* Support for LAME, FAAD, OGGDEC, MPPDEC, FLAC and MAC decoders;
* Rip audio CDs utilizing cdparanoia or cdda2wav;
* Play audio CDs utilizing cdcd or Audio::CD or cdplay;
* Support normalization with adjustable sensibility;
OpenSuse 11.1 user can use "1-click" installer to install the package - here
Fedora user can install the rpm from here
Ubuntu user can install it from here
Others can download the source - here and install it using following command
tar zxvf gnormalize-version.tar.gzAfter sucessfull installation, go to terminal and use command: gnormalize and you should see something like ..