Apollon uses the giFT core to connect to various networks, including OpenFT, Gnutella, FastTrack
OpenFT is the homegrown giFT network, Gnutella is the network used by BearShare, LimeWire and others and FastTrack is the popular network used by KaZaA.
Apollon uses a plugin system which allows you to choose which network or multiple networks you wish to use. Finally, plugins for the OpenNap and SoulSeek networks are under development.
* Searching and downloading from several networks at the same time
* Tabbed searching
* Preview of mp3 and videos (you need kde-multimedia installed)
* Configure giFT and your plugins with Apollon's settings dialog
* FirstRun wizard to get started easily
* systemtray docking
* Download in the background
* Apollon can connect to a remote giFT daemon
* Chat for Apollon users
* Comes in several languages
Opensuse 11.1 user can use "1-click" installer - here
After successful installation go to terminal and fire command: apollon or open from the kde menu- Application >> Internet >> Peer-to-Peer >> apollon