MySQLDumper offers to write data directly into a compressed gz-File. The Restore-Script is able to read this file directly without unpacking it. Of course you can use it without compression, however using Gzip saves a sizable amount of bandwidth.
Installation & Configuration
* Download MySQLDumper - Here
* Extract the zip file under your webserver root directory: unzip msd1.24RC1.9.zip, this command will create a new directory msd1.24
* Lunch your browser and point to the msd1.24 directory, this will open up the installation wizard which is very simple and straight forward.
* After successful installation point your browser to "index.php" to open up the main application from where you can take & restore backup
MySQLDumper can read Dumpfiles from other Scripts via the integrated parser (for example from phpMyAdmin)
- Security: MySQLDumper can generate a .htaccess-file to protect itself and all of your backup-files
- MySQLDumper can do Multipart-Backups. That means: MySQLDumper can automatically split the dumpfile if it gets bigger than your chosen size. When you want to restore a backup and choose the wrong part - it doesn' matter: MySQLDumper will notice that and will get the correct startfile automatically.
- automatic Errormodul
- MiniSql: You have access to your MySQL-Tables. You can delete tables, edit or insert data. You can run/ save any SQL-Statement.
- Database-Overview: look at running processes or even stop them
- very good file-overview: backups of the same database are shown as one entry. Click it to see all of the files.
- automatic file-deletion: set your own rules to delete old backups. Specify the age or the number of files when it will be deletetd automatically to save server webspace.
- Perl Cronscript done: all features of the PHP-Script are now integrated in the Perlscript that can be started via a Cronjob
- Configuration can be set seperatly for each Script (PHP and Perl)
- befor you start a backup all your parameters are shown again, so you definitely know what you are doing :-)
- Send Emails with or without your dumpfile attached / you can set the maximum size of the attachement. If it grows bigger it won't be attached.
- Send dumpfiles via FTP to another Server. This is also working using the multipart feature.