- To seach for a application: Yum will search all your enabled repos and tell you where you can obtain the package from
yum search application_name
- Yum can list all available packages from your enabled repos and tell you where you can obtain the package from:
yum list available
- To find out more info about some package
yum info application_name
- Installing applications
yum install application_name
- Listing rpms : yum can list installed rpms for you from the repos you have enabled
yum list extras
- Removing rpms: Yum can remove a application and the dependenciesit installed with tat application. it will not remove depenencies if another application installed needs them.
yum remove application_name
- Updating the system: Yum can update the system for you with out user interact if you want it to.
- Not sure if you have upates?
- Local install: downloaded a rpm and cannot install it with rpm because of dependencies?
yum localinstall /path/to/the/rpm