The effect of the slideshow is known as "Ken Burns". Comments of the pictures are generated into a subtitle file. Furthermore an audio file can be specified to setup the background musice for the slide show.
* Simple and easy to use graphical user interface
* Comfortable way to specify the motion path for each picture
* Picture comments are generate into subtitle file
* Several output possibilities
* special feature is Full-HD resolution and MPEG4 output
* Background music for the slideshow
* Export and Import of a PhotoFilmStrip project (all pictures in one file)
* Automatic detection of picture rotation (extracted from EXIF)
* Some picture effect like "black and white" and sepia
* Some quality settings for each output renderer
* Command line interface for batch processing
The easiest way to get PhotoFilmStrip running on a Debian based Linux (Ubuntu , LinuxMint....) is to download the deb-package from the here. After successful download open the file with the gdebi package installer, for dependencies all will be automatically installed.
After successful installation, you can find PhotoFilmStrip under Application > Sound & Video > PhotoFilmStrip
OpenSuSe user can install PhotoFilmStrip using "1-click" installer - here from packman