BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices is highly customizable and capable of script and extension-based integration with various applications such as file managers and mail clients.
BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices may be used free of charge at home or on your personal computer. In case you want to use BitDefender Antivirus for Unices for business purposes, a registration key must be purchased through the BitDefender Online Store or from BitDefender certified partners.
Features and Benefits
* On-demand antivirus and antispyware protection
* Script and extension-based integration with various applications and services:
o Mail clients (e.g. Pine, Evolution) and Mail Server services
o Scheduling services (e.g. Cron) ensuring scan and update automation
* Classic command line scanner complete with a graphical user interface for better integration with desktop environments.
* Automatic addition of the scanner's GUI to the system menu.
* Three popular file manager plugins (the GPL-ed sources) included in the GUI package: Konqueror (KDE), Nautilus (GNOME) and Thunar (Xfce).
* Action setting based on scan result type.
Download BitDefender Antivirus from here (provide valid e-mail address and you will get the download link through mail)
PS : You can get your personal license from here.
Make the file executable:
# chmod +x BitDefender-Antivirus-Scanner-7.6-4.linux-gcc4x.i586.rpm.run
Run the BitDefender Antivirus installer:
You’ll be prompted with the end user licence agreement. At the end of the license type “accept” (without quotes). This will begin the installation of BitDefender antivirus on your machine.
After you have successfully installed the anti-virus go to Applications->System->More Programs->BitDefender Scanner and start the application.
Enter the free key that you requested and received in your email to get the free 1 year license.